Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church has a 90 year history of serving residents of Riviera Beach, West Palm Beach and beyond. Mount Olive is the oldest church in the City of Riviera Beach, Florida. We are currently in search of a pastor to lead our congregation following the deserved retirement of our pastor for over 52 years, the honorable Rev. A. C. Evans.
Please read our pastoral profile below; please click on the links provided to view the job description and to complete the pastoral application. We look forward to hearing from you.
Pastoral Job Profile
Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church located in Riviera Beach, Florida is currently seeking a full-time experienced pastor who is an energetic and visionary leader; is dedicated and compassionate, yet humble. This person should be confident and intellectual and able to preach and teach the gospel.
Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church was established 90 years ago and is the oldest church in Riviera Beach. Mount Olive is a historical landmark in the Riviera Beach community. The congregation is predominantly African American with approximately 575 members.
The pastor should also meet the requirements set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1 - 7 and Titus 1: 6 - 9, with training in spiritual leadership, pastoral counseling, and church administration. The applicant must be an ordained licensed minister in the Missionary Baptist Church and have at least 4 years of pastoral/ministerial experience. Interested persons must mail all information requested in this announcement to the address below no later than
October 4, 2014. (The packet must be postmarked by this date.) Previously interviewed applicants need not apply.
The Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church Pastoral Search Committee
Attention: Mrs. Delores Oliver Calloway, Chairperson
3700 Avenue O
Riviera Beach, Florida 33404
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Must be born-again, spirit-filled, and divinely called man(minister) having strong family and community values who meets the requirements set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Must be a positive role model who exhibits moral and ethical conduct.
- Must be able to preach and teach God’s Word.
- Must be a licensed and ordained Missionary Baptist minister.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of pastoral/ministerial experience.
- Must have earned a Bachelor’s Degree
- A Master’s degree in Religion, Theology, or Divinity is preferred.
- Must participate in visiting and ministering to the sick, shut-in, and bereaved members.
- Must consent to a background check/credit check and drug screenings.
- Must follow the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws of Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church
- Must develop a vision for the spiritual growth and development of the church
All applicants should provide the following:
1. Copy of College Degree(s)
2. Official transcript(s) - ALLTRANSCRIPTS MUST BE ORIGINALS WITH THE SEAL
4. Letter of interest in 200 words or less explaining why you believe the Lord is leading you to pursue this position
5. 3 letters of reference (non-relatives)
6. Copy of license to preach and Certificate of Ordination